We are looking for a creative, detail-oriented individual to join our team as a Visual Effects Artist. The responsibilities of the Visual Effects Artist include creating computerized animations and special effects, fixing up details for film media, and following instructions to complete a project.
- Creating visual effects and animations using computerized technology and software applications.
- Creating CGI characters.
- Producing visuals for video games and mobile applications.
- Creating simulations and mockups to be viewed and approved by those involved in media production, including Directors, Engineers, and Editors.
- Troubleshooting any issues with animations.
- Creating storyboards to understand the images needed for the storyline and where the images should be used.
- Adhering to tight deadlines and other constraints in order to meet production times.
- Following client and supervisor instructions.
- Brainstorming with artists and designers to discuss digital animation concepts, gaming ideas, and progress on current projects.
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in Computer Animation, Multimedia Studies, Graphic Design, or a related field.
- Strong working knowledge of software tools, including Houdini, Unity, Dreamweaver, Adobe CS5, and Autodesk Maya.
- Excellent computer skills and attention to detail.
- Good drawing skills and creativity.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Strong communication and active listening skills.